Monday, March 12, 2012

What is English as a Foreign Language(EFL) for you?

Recently I've come  across an intriguing question..

   WHAT DOES EFL REPRESENT TO YOU?

Well first I have to admit that this was something I didn't want to answer by the time I read it, but then a sudden exasperation(http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exasperation)took over me!

This is what I do! This is what I so strongly try to convey to my students and what mostly make me feel alive professionally and very proud and happy by the choices I've taken.
Choices that led me here to this very moment, and here I am, lazy enough to the point of procrastinating my way into finding an answer...

Okay, okay...
I finally got serious about it and answered the inquiry.
The thing is..., I`ve being thinking about it ever since, and I would like to share my ideas with you, learners and teachers!

So guys, say :

WHAT DOES EFL REPRESENT TO YOU?


Soon enough I will post here my ideas, in the mean time ...

What are yours? Leave your comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Why do we need learning English language?
    When I was younger I didn`t think in the future.
    Time went by and I studied, finished a university and I have started working at a big company.
    In the beginning I was a simple analyst and my English was very
    terrible and I was lazy.
    Suddenly my boss invited me to a new position! He said:
    `Now, You are a supervisor of the Quality Control department
    and you need to speak English.

    This is a message for you who needs learning English:
    Study a lot and think about your future.

    Best Regards.

    Douglas

    ReplyDelete